Friday, July 15, 2011

Finally! 20 more facts about me!

I know you've been waiting with bated breath while I've been struggling to finish this 100 Facts About Me meme. 60 down, 40 to go!

41. I have a really big head. I can't wear hats unless I get them custom-made. I discovered this in high school after I made the drill team. None of the hats the team had on hand fit on my head. For the first couple of football games, I wore one perched jauntily atop my head and tied tightly down with the chin strap. My coach had to take me to get a hat specially made, which seemed to really annoy her. She asked why I didn't warn her in advance that I had an unusually large head, and I replied that I didn't know it was so large. She glared at me and asked, "Don't you have a mirror?" Classy!

42. I have watched two people die: my great aunt in a car wreck when I was ten, and my brother in the ICU when I was 29.

43. If I hear or read details about a spinal injury, I will pass out. I do not know why this is, but I will feel nauseated, the color will drain from my face, my lips will turn blue, and I will faint dead away if I don't sit down. I've never had a spinal injury, and yet they freak me out all the way.

44. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. I was so terrified of learning to drive at all that I put it off til I was 17 and would have put it off longer than that if my parents hadn't forced me to go to driver's ed when they got tired of acting as my chauffeurs.

45. I much prefer action and thriller-type movies to "chick flicks" and comedies. And I won't watch horror flicks.

46. I hate the term "meatspace" with the flaming passion of ten thousand fiery suns. Every time I read it, it makes me cringe.

47. I will kick anybody's ass in Pictionary or Taboo.

48. Having to drive to an unfamiliar place by myself gives me major anxiety. If at all possible, I will find someone to ride with me, and barring that I will cancel my plans if they're not mandatory.

49. I'm very, very bad at making small talk.

50. I cannot stand to be called "Cathy." It is not my name. Cat is fine, Catherine is fine, even Cath is fine, but not Cathy.

51. I have a freakishly good memory for most details, but I'm horrible with faces and names.

52. Before I preheat the oven, I always peek inside to make sure there's nothing in there that shouldn't be.

53. Seafood gives me the creeps. So do photos of seafood. And the smell of seafood. Blech.

54. If I find an article of clothing or pair of shoes I like, I'll return to buy multiple back-ups. I'm kind of a hoarder.

55. I will almost always turn down a spur-of-the-moment invitation. I hate to switch gears if I'm relaxing at home.

56. If you put on the movie Real Genius, I can say all of the dialog along with the characters from start to finish.

57. I love seeing my friends and family, but I also really, truly enjoy my own company and my alone time.

58. I hate being in an elevator with someone I know, but don't know very well. It feels so awkward.

59. I have never seen a Harry Potter film or read a Harry Potter book.

60. My favorite season is autumn. I love everything about it. Autumn weather makes me so, so happy. The thought that it will be autumn again in another three months is the only thing keeping me going through this brutally hot, utterly rain-free summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment