Friday, May 27, 2011

Unbelievable puppy cuteness

In the local news this week was a story about a couple in Bastrop who had been hoarding dogs. They'd started out taking in stray dogs intending to rescue them, but apparently couldn't stop and contacted authorities last week to surrender approximately 150 dogs. The dogs had been living in the couple's house, which the couple had abandoned to them. The couple was living in a shed on the property. The house was, as you might imagine, filthy and basically destroyed, with dirt and feces piled up to the windows. Some of the dogs were in very bad shape. Local shelters and rescue groups have been taking as many dogs as they can, including the rescue group that comes to my local PetCo every week with dogs and puppies for adoption.

Today they had two puppies from the Bastrop house. They had taken in 16 of the dogs -- twelve puppies and four adults -- and these were the only two still not adopted. I would guess that it won't be long at all before they've found new homes, as well, because LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE OH MY GOD.




They're playing with a little stuffed squeaky toy I donated to them, along with a bag of food and some treats. The little black one was especially friendly and gave me all sorts of kisses. The black-and-white one was a bit more reserved but, as you can see, still very playful. I wish I could have taken them both home with me, but I'll have to be content with the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment