
"I am innocent. You haz no proof!"
Yesterday at PetCo I bought some Pawbreakers, which are hard, edible catnip balls, for the kitties. They love them. There were kitties all over the house, rolling around blissfully with their Pawbreakers all afternoon and evening. Oliver had his on the bed, and I had to dust the catnip crumbs off the bedspread at bedtime. I also took his Pawbreaker and set it on top of my nightstand so it wouldn't get kicked off the bed and lost overnight.
Big mistake.
I was awakened at about 2 a.m. by a terrific crash and the sound of a kitty running away from the scene. Someone (I can't be sure who, but Oliver is, of course, the prime suspect) had apparently been attempting to scale my nightstand to retrieve the Pawbreaker, and had managed to pull down a shelf containing all manner of lotions, creams, aromatherapy oils, etc.
I tried to turn the lamp on to assess the damage and discovered that the detritus had landed on the power strip and turned it off, which meant I also had to reset my alarm clock -- not a big deal unless you've just been jolted awake and are disoriented and hazy from Ambien at 2 a.m.
After replacing the shelf and the items on it and resetting the clock, I crawled back into bed, took the Pawbreaker from the nightstand and gave it to Oliver, who by this time was back on the bed acting all innocent, and said, "Fine, I will give you your catnip ball, terrorist. Just don't hurt my family any more."
I'm still in the dumps over the loss of my sweet Bobby.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.faroukpatel.co.uk/page3.html
Anyway, last night the security light came on at the back and his brother 'Tommy' was at the window demanding to be let in. In a way my heart lifted as 'Tommy' used to come around until his brother moved in. Well I let him in and fed him some treats. In a selfish manner I went upstairs leaving 'Tommy' downstairs hoping somewhat that he would spend the night. (It was chucking it down outside) anyway after being regaled to lots of noise downstairs.I had to let the tyke out as it appears he didn't want to spend the night.
Aww, what a sweet cat Bobby was. Losing a pet gets me like nothing else does, either. I hope Tommy will come around to wanting to spend the night indoors. Cats seem to know when there's a void to be filled. Oliver and Barney have completely stepped into Kerrigan's shoes for nighttime snuggling.
ReplyDelete