Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SEEING RED, Part 3

Today was the third Seeing Red rally at the Texas State Capitol. The weather was perfect! We had some severe thunderstorms overnight but today the skies were clear and the temperature was in the 60s -- not too chilly and not too warm. I was able to walk twelve blocks round trip and stand in front of the Capitol for an hour without breaking a sweat.

I didn't bring my sign today so that I'd be able to take more pictures. It was pretty difficult juggling my sign and my phone last week.

I started off today's rally by stopping to say hello to this cute little doggie and her people:


Shortly after I arrived, @scATX found me and said hello. We talked about how nice it was to be in the middle of a crowd of pro-choice, pro-woman people. Our People.

We met this delightful lady, whose purse says, "Slutt Bagge:"


Several people were carrying "Call Rick" signs like this one:


I made a point of saying hello to all of the pro-choice dogs I saw, like this one:



And this little cutie pie, whose shirt says "Lil Devil" and has red devil horns sticking up from the collar:


This gentleman wanted to remind conservatives that Griswold v. Connecticut is a real thing that was decided nearly 50 years ago:


And this gentleman was wearing a very fancy red dress:


Beth Broderick, who wrote this fabulous piece about Seeing Red for the Huffington Post, was also there:


She announced that, although today's rally was originally the last one planned, Seeing Red is going to continue every Tuesday for, I suppose, as long as people keep showing up. Tuesdays from noon to 2 pm in front of the Texas State Capitol. Wear red and join us if you can! Come on out and be a part of this:



Because now they are firebombing the offices of pro-choice, pro-Planned Parenthood state senators. And that is NOT OKAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment