We still managed to have fun, though, and we still drew lots and lots of supportive honks, waves, and shouts from the passing traffic. The smaller crowd also meant that I got to talk with more people, since it was quieter and easier to have a conversation.
@scATX was there again, and has posted her pics from today on Flickr.
I, of course, had to introduce myself to the only dog I saw, who was a total sweetheart:

The gentleman in the red dress from last week was wearing a different red dress today and looked smashing:

The reason we're rallying, in the simplest terms:

Republicans want small government! Very small!

This woman had the most attention-grabbing sign of the day:

I also really liked this one:

Once again, I didn't bring my sign so that I'd be able to take more pictures, but the crowd was so sparse that I was immediately encouraged to pick up one of the signs the organizers had brought. Then I held someone else's sign, too, while she obligingly snapped a picture of me (not pictured: my awesome bright red skinny jeans in keeping with the red dress code):

The cutest attendee by far was this little boy who was there with his mom and grandmother. It was the first rally for both mom and son, but they both looked like pros:

Grandma is the one holding the bright pink "MAN UP" sign:

We'll be back in front of the Capitol next Tuesday from noon until 2 pm. If you're in the Austin area, please put on something red and join us if you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment